The Star Wars Knitting Goddess

knitting and sci-fi - is there anything else??? The ramblings of a crazed mother/wife/student/sci-fi fan as related to knitting (usually).

Monday, February 13, 2006

Knitting Olympics UPDATE


Good Monday Morning!

As you all know, the Knitting Olympics officially kicked off on two o'clock Friday afternoon. I wasn't able to cast on until three because I was at work. While waiting for the buses, I began the sweater. This picture is where I am this fine morning. (The needle is a fourteen inch needle I put in for perspective.) I've knit the ribbing (it's farrow rib, in case you're interested) and then knit about a million miles of stockinette stitch (16 inches) to the arm holes. I have just cast off five stitches at the beginning of the last two rows. Then it's nine and half more inches until the neck. I'm hoping to finish the back of the sweater today or tomorrow morning at the latest. I'm hoping all the other olympians are doing well! I wanted to update over the weekend, but I didn't want to take any time away from knitting. I have an hour during Elena's ballet lesson this morning. Hopefully I can get a lot done! That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home